ფეიერვერკი are a natural part of all celebrations including New Year’s. Before we begin discussing the safety rules, let’s take a look at the history of fireworks. They were created in tenth century in China. They evolved into many different kinds with their own specific effects. Soon firework creation became a profession and an art. Nowadays, no concert or New Year’s can be imagined without fireworks. It is necessary, however, to abide by all the caution rules to avoid any mishaps.
- Never light the fuse while holding the fireworks, because you might not be able to control it and get varying types of face burns.
- Select a place where there won’t be trees or any other things that might get in the way nearby, such as apartment buildings, houses, wires, billboards and so on.
- Secure the firework in snow or ground and make sure, that it is standing there firmly, pointing towards the sky.
- Make sure that the fireworks aren’t pointing towards any objects.
- Light the fuse and take at least 5 steps away from the fireworks. If you are with others, make sure they do the same.
- Wait for the firework show. In case if the fireworks don’t start shooting, do not get close. Different fireworks take different time to start.
- Once the fireworks are over, leave it where it is. Do not get close! More shots might be left.
- Go to the place where you set up the firework the next day, gather and throw away the “leftovers”.from: ფართი შოპი